What is it?
On Sunday, Oct. 29th from 4-5:30pm, Neighborhood Church is hosting its third annual “Trunk or Treat”! To provide a safe space for trick or treating, we are inviting children from the church and the community to come and do some “trick or treating” behind our preschool building. Only, this time, they won’t be traveling between houses or apartment buildings; instead, they’ll be traveling between TRUNKS of vehicles.
How can you participate?
As a participant in TRUNK OR TREAT you can choose to help in a variety of ways. First, if you have a vehicle, you can offer your “trunk” for use in the event. Next, you can donate treats to the participating groups so they will have enough treats to go around! Finally, sign-up as a participant or team leader and start planning out how you’re going to TRICK YOUR TRUNK!
Rules and Registration for Trunk or Treat:
- Each team must have a team leader with an available vehicular trunk or truck bed for the duration of the trunk or treat event.
- Each team must have a treat available for each child that visits their trunk (approx. 500). We can help you out with this through candy donations, but you will need to let us know ahead of time.
- Please use only individually wrapped candy items – nothing unwrapped or homemade.
- All trunks should be set up by 3:00 PM, October 23, 2016.
Hints & Ideas:
- Create a theme for your trunk and coordinate your team’s costumes, decorations, and treats.
- Plan your trunk around a game or activity. (i.e. fishing pond, pumpkin bowling, or basketball)
- The trunks will be judged in several categories. Prizes will be awarded to the closest to the theme, most creative, and people’s choice.
- Please DO NOT USE SCARY ITEMS, like blood, witches, monsters, or gore.
- HAVE FUN & BE CREATIVE!!
More info can be found on our Facebook event page!