As believers and people who call Neighborhood Church our home, all of us are involved in missions. Some of us are “go-ers” and some of us are “senders”. In the past month, we’ve had the privilege of sending Stan and Patty Gibson back to Papua New Guinea for at least four years, we prayed for Addison and Brandon McNabb as they headed to Haiti for a short-term trip, last Sunday we prayed for the team heading to Jordan for two weeks and this Sunday we’ll be sending out a team headed to Peru.
In our Sunday services, you may have noticed we’re been talking more about missions. That’s because we are thrilled to be a part of the work the Lord is doing, whether that is in our neighborhood or other nations. God’s called us to bloom where we’re planted, but He’s also called us to go and make disciples of all nations. If you’re a “sender”, thank you for your financial partnership. We could not make the investment we do with our missionaries here in Chico, in Hawaii, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Indonesia, Bulgaria, Jordan, Cambodia, North Africa and the Middle East without you.
If you tithe to Neighborhood Church, you’re already a part of the sending. In fact, because of our monthly giving to the Christian and Missionary Alliance and because of your faithfulness and generosity in 2014, Alliance workers and churches were able to bring the hope only Jesus can offer to some of the world’s most broken and desperate places. We just got this update from the National Office…
· Alliance workers you support are partnering with Alliance churches in the Arab Lands to care for those displaced by Syria’s civil war, the brutal advance of ISIS, and the ongoing conflict in Gaza.
· Citizens of Ukraine-devastated by recent political turmoil-are finding new reasons to be hopeful through workers you support.
· People in or near Ebola-infected parts of West Africa are being taught to protect themselves from this deadly virus by Alliance workers you support.
· Spiritual seekers throughout central Asia and North Africa are encountering Jesus through dreams and visions- and turning to Alliance workers you support for answers and interpretations.
· The gospel is being proclaimed vibrantly throughout Latin America, Southeast Asia and West Africa-and experiencing revival throughout Europe-because you have sent and supported workers in these regions.
If you are a “go-er” we have opportunities available for you now and in the near future.
· Spas and Christina are running a camp for the orphans they work with in Bulgaria and are looking for 3-6 more people to join a team coming from Red Bluff to help lead summer camp July 2-12.
· We’re taking a multi-generational team to build houses and love families in Vicente Guerrero, Mexico June 28-July 4.
· Or, if you’d like to go further away, we’re looking at taking a team to Cambodia in early January 2015.
If you’re interested in any of these trips, please get in touch with me, I’d love to chat further.
Whether you’re a “go-er” or a “sender”, thank you for joining us as we partner with the work the Lord is doing through this church family. We’re looking forward to hearing the stories these teams come back with and celebrating with them all they saw God do. God is good and what an adventure it is to join Him in the work and lay our lives down for His calling.
May He meet you and bless you today!